Wetland Expert | April Moulaert
North Woods Ecological is a Vermont-based woman-owned wetland delineation & ecological consulting firm run by April Moulaert, a licensed and certified Wetland Scientist.
April has over twenty years of experience in the environmental field, including nine years of regulatory and non-regulatory experience in the public sector working for the State of Vermont, and nine years of experience in the private sector as an environmental consultant. April has also worked on several ecological restoration grants for non-profit organizations in Vermont and New York.
April’s unique mix of experience with government, private sector, and non-profit organizations has allowed her to develop relationships and rapport with a diverse group of contacts. April received her BS in Natural Resource Management from Cornell University and a MS in Soil Science from North Carolina State University.
Vermont, New York and New England
April has worked with government organizations, engineering firms, land owners and non-profits in a variety of locations including Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Illinois, Texas, Puerto Rico, Honduras, and Costa Rica.
- Certified Professional Wetland Scientist, Society of Wetland Scientists, License 1255
- Licensed Wetland Scientist State of New Hampshire, License 289
- Self-Certified Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Busines
- DBE certified in the States of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and New York
- DUNS Number: 018232564
- Cage Code: 716A5
Organizations & Associations
- Past Member Burlington Conservation Commission
- Society for Ecological Restoration, Former New England Board Member and Current Member
- Lake Champlain International, Advisory Council Member
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassadors Network Member
- City of Burlington Conservation Commission, Former Member
- Society for Wetland Scientists, Member
- Association of State Wetland Managers, Member